View Single Post
      04-09-2024, 07:15 PM   #19
Kponti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8C comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
The single cheapest easiest performance mod anyone can do with the M8 is the Racechip GTS Black. PERIOD. Someone prove me wrong with actual dyno numbers. I have my dyno charts and invoices to back that up. I’ve had everything including Carbahn stage 2 controller with all their required upgrades, and didn’t stack up to the Racechip.

I had my engine cracked open this winter and nothing amiss with anything. Pictures to prove it. We are just ultra careful with how we treat the engine, which is a massive bill to repair and or rebuild. And who wants their warranty voided? This is obviously why carbahn does the ultra conservative thing and even a warranty is offered which is just piece of mind for those faint of heart. Their stage 2 controller and the required intercooler and low temp rads still doesn’t stack up to just adding the Racechip.

Ben has been telling us this forever and we either listen or not because he sells it, but he sells it for a reason. It’s the most cost effective engine mod you can do for this car without unlocking DMEs or fucking around with a JB4. r33_RGSport

I’ve done it all now. JB4 was just all wrong. There was nothing I could do quickly to get rid of a horrible lag without assistance. I just don’t want to fiddle anymore.

Now my DMEs are unlocked with custom tune and dyno results. I owe you guys an update in track time ramblings
Well I will prove you wrong!!! I ran a 10.39@133mph with ER secondaries, Dinan Inlet, BMC drop in filter, and ....oh crap Racechip Black...Never mind I fully concur!!! with your assessment.
None of the other mods did much in power at least on my draggy
Appreciate 2