United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da808dad View Post
I ended up getting almost $25k off the sticker price of my M850i. Probably could have gotten a little more off too if I had waited an known they were gonna shutdown for the next month or so. But oh well it is what it is.
Good for you!

That cannot be done (or perhaps couldn't pre-Coronavirus and possibly still not) with an M8 Comp GC--it's far too rare. Custom builds only make things worse--the rarer the car (in a good market... which it no longer is I guess), the harder it is to negotiate discounts. Market and market-availability influence things, too, so that's a good deal for HI I would guess (unless they were overloaded with them which seems very unlikely).
They actually had about 3 or so 2019 M850i's for sale if I'm not mistaken. The one I picked up and 2 convertibles. They had just gotten a 2020 gran coupe in an individual green (see pic) but they wouldn't offer the same deal I got for my car.

The car I picked up was actually a custom order with an individual color that BMW screwed up on so the original customer no longer wanted it and it was sitting at the dealer for a while.

Market here on island is hard because it's not like I can tell them their price doesn't work and just drive to another dealer to look for a better offer.

When I picked up my last F80 M3 the demand was so high for them I couldn't barely get any deal on it. It came down to talking to the GM and he told me take it or leave it and if I didn't want it he would move on to the next customer on the waiting list.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0