02-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #4
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
Perhaps I should have said impossible to meet in a cost effective manner. Automakers can manufacture plug in cars and sell them at a loss, or pay the fines. I suppose just because you scoot around in a little 228 you have no sympathy for the average Joe in his pickup.

Your statement on consumer preferences is an absurd exaggeration. For starters the air quality problem in China is from coal fired power plants. The fuel economy regs are not about air quality, they are about CO2. I guess you are a scared snowflake awake at night in fear of some imagined climate catastrophe.

If you are so worried about air quality go after the guys who remove their catalytic converters to get a few extra hp on the cheap, not me. All I did is report the news.
Jeez. This isn't an attack on you at all, OP. You've apparently been reading some of my other posts today? Pipe down, sir ...

Though I do have sympathy. I owned a hybrid as my last car, yet the combined MPG of my last five cars -- including my 228 and that hybrid -- is 21 MPG. And smog and ozone issues in cities such as Denver, Dallas, and Atlanta -- despite emissions regulation in place for decades -- have nothing to do with factories.

This is all about these companies maintaining profit and status quo in the short term. Nothing more, nothing less.
Appreciate 0