View Single Post
      04-14-2020, 09:55 PM   #12
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

A few things to think about. On NA engines, displacement, compression ratio, max RPM (helped out by lightweight parts) and things like that determine the maximum power. A good way to figure this out is to look at same displacement and similar and different compression-ratio engines and see what they make. That usually gives you an idea if it's possible or not. Also, aren't these more limited by RPM, being NA? As in what else could possibly be going on here? I suppose that air induction could be crazy restrictive, but that just doesn't make any sense with all the other parameters involved.

I don't believe there would necessarily be a 20% loss, maybe if it was a RWD or especially an AWD vehicle (20% is much closer to AWD figures, my RWD only loses about 12%). Being FWD, that Corolla probably only loses around 10%. The engine is probably up around 200hp according to the chart, assuming all of this. Just a real quick cursory look shows small displacement 2.0-ish type engines having to rev to around 8K to make 200hp. Yeah, it's really fishy.