Thread: 2018 Audi A8
View Single Post
      07-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #10
AKRAPOVICOWNS
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Overall I like it. I just don't understand that strip of leds below the DRLs..looks weird and an after thought..it's like they took the prologue headlights and thought: "it'll be too expensive to make the headlights that sleek, let's put the high beam there, and then put the normal headlight below it". When I saw the car in that spider man event it looked way better, because it had this part taped.

Inside, I think it was a mistake to make it all touch screen, even the AC controls, like on the velar. They even ditched the MMI controller..now you can only use it touching the screen..which imo is a step backward..a bit overdone.

Having said that, this car features a lot more useful technology, hybrid power..way bigger step than what BMW did with the 7er..and they were bragging about "gesture control" as if it was impressive and an incredible accomplishment. Lol. Now the 7er looks outdated already.

The S-class has class. The A8 has technology. The 7er..hum, well, completely forgettable. And the S has been around for a long time. Too bad they f*cked up big time with that facelift.
Appreciate 0