01-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #38
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
Exactly, Americans are just plain "stupid" when it comes to driving. We need proper education before thinking of things such as unrestricted highways.
I think it's also a lazy attitude in general as well. Performance driving courses at the low end only cost a couple hundred dollars for a full day course. Heck, if you want to go all out, I've seen weekend packages with hotel included, posted for under $500. I remember when I bought my first performance car back in the 90s, it was a slightly used E36 M3. I thought to myself, I may very well kill myself in this thing. So I did something about it, and until this day, I still continue to take performance driving courses, more as a fun hobby, and participate in track events about once a month during the Spring and Summer.

During the course of any normal day, the biggest risk someone will take with their life is getting into their car, and driving onto public streets and highways. You have a higher chance of dying there than any other "normal" activity you will do during the day. Most people are either ignorant of the risk, or don't care.

That's why we shouldn't, and will never have, an autobahn here in the states.
Appreciate 0