View Single Post
      01-27-2021, 10:27 PM   #8
Chai Five
United_States
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp Coupe

Angry The saga continues!!!!

Good evening all. Get your popcorn, here is an update...

Just when you think it cant get worse.... How bout some salt for your wounds???

I reached out to the ex-GSM of Arrowhead BMW over the weekend when this occurred. He is the gentleman who sold me the car and took my deposit. I am, for all intents and purposes, his client. Since that time, he was promoted within the organization to become the GM of the Land Rover/Jaguar dealership down the street from BMW. He finally reported back to me over the last two days. Yes it took him that long to get back to me. But we wont question his excuses at this time, poor as they may be as you will see why it doesnt matter, below.

Today he reported to me that the BMW dealership alleged to him that I hung up the phone on the manager in anger, and that I cancelled the deal. Not only is this false and inaccurate but it shows they are now making a bad experience worse by attempting to placing the blame on me, the customer, with a bold faced lie so they "have some evidence or reason" to support their horrid decision.

This falsehood is not possible as I never spoke to any manager at the dealership, at all, whatsoever, at any time since the car arrived. All communications came through the sales persons personal cell phone because the many corporate numbers from the dealership are apparently blocked on my phone. I never hung up on the sales guy either. They are the ones who cancelled the deal on me or else this forum post wouldnt exist.

They are trying to throw me under the bus as if this is somehow my fault and then lying on top of it!!!! I replied to the ex GSM and of course, denied this and pointed out the lie.

He then wrote me back after 5 pm saying that he "misunderstood what the dealership told him" regarding the lie about me hanging up on them. ( Really? how can that even be communicated and misunderstood? Did they say they hung up on me and he misconstrue that?) He went on to type in this follow up email another lame excuse. He now says the dealership googled me and came up with an Arizona address. Why does this matter... because they are in so deep with their behavior and the lies that they need to find "something" to base their actions on. Having an AZ address would force me to pay AZ taxes or "something" more than 0 taxes.

Suffice it to say, the address they came up with was a UPS Store mailbox I had 20 years ago. Mind you, Im an existing OREGON registered BMW M8 lessee. They had already pulled my credit and been approved by BMW finance to purchase the vehicle, and had my Oregon drivers license and insurance in hand.

Now... when is it standard operating procedure to google a purchaser after being approved by BMW financial?

When is anything on the internet truthful, accurate or timely?

When has finding something on the internet a basis for not selling someone a car?

LAME... LAME... LAME, weasel like excuses.

The other bomb he dropped... and this is the kicker!!! was that the car has ALREADY BEEN SOLD and he cant help me. Go figure. He took several days to "help me out" only to find in 4 days time it took to help me out, the car has magically been sold before he could help me.... fyi there are a couple other X7 M50i's that have been sitting on the lot.

In the end, all he did was try and cover for his buddies at the dealership by buying time. Then provide weak excuse after weak excuse that he should know, are all hollow, to justify why they cancelled the deal with me.

What I have done:

I have made a complaint with Corporate. In fact, I had to update the complaint as these events took place over the course of the day. Customer support says this is the first they ever heard of such an experience.... for whatever that is worth. I still have not been contacted by any manager or GM from the dealership. The Customer support team says they have put the complaint in the "escalation team's" queue and someone should contact me from there. But could offer me no guarantees or clarity on when or if they will.

How does this smell to you folks now? Any chance my original beliefs were correct about greed ruling the day? But to actually lie and claim its my fault is utterly disgusting. So... Im still open for suggestions beyond slaying them on all the review sites.
Appreciate 0