View Single Post
      03-22-2022, 09:25 PM   #32
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Not that it matters what I think but I've worn a Victorinox Stainless Officers Swiss Army watch every day for over 25-years. I do not take it off at night, or in the shower, or really at any time. Now that it is so old and has that patina of age, it has become my weekend watch or my watch for working on cars and bikes. My new "work" watch is a Victorinox Stainless chronometer with a lovely dark-blue face that is a poor-man's Daytona. I have one other Victorinox Officers Swiss Army watch with a red surround over stainless bezel with a polymer case and nylon and leather band. I like watches that have as many large numbers at the hour positions as possible with date windows, or Victorinox shield logos that prevent them. When someone asks me the time I can say "just about 2-o'clock" rather than parrot "1:57". It just meshes with my concept of time better that way. I have maybe $800 in three Swiss watches over 25-years.

I also have a BMW Z8 French watch given to me at the Z8 International Press Launch back around 2000, and a BMW Isetta Anniversary watch with jeweled movement and transparent back which I've owned almost as long as my Isettas, but have never worn. Now that I think about it, I also have a gold with black face Lord Elgin "cocktail" watch engraved with and given to my Grandmother's last husband in honor of his 50-years with the company he started and whose name it shares. This one is dated 1952 and still works just fine. The rest of my watches are my grandfathers' pocket watches—but you didn't ask about those.
Appreciate 1
Dino GT35134.50