View Single Post
      08-02-2023, 04:53 AM   #38
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Agreed and that includes statements coming out of BMW (although not conclusive on the varients but GC has been called out). One doesn't need a crystal ball to know or understand large coupes/verts are nearly a dead market here in the US. Designing the next 8-series including coupes/verts and the investment into the manufacturing line at least to me dictates GC only. Even sedans sell less than SUVs but a GC falls into a category of sustainable profit margins if they price it right. 👍
Convertibles are just so damn fun!

I used to hate convertibles because I thought they were too small (S2000, Miata) or they just looked ugly. But then I got hooked when I first got a 2020 Z4 M40i. I really should have stopped there, but bad decisions lead me to where I am now with an M850i convertible.

For me, it is immensely relaxing to drive on a quiet service road in the evening, night or early morning with the top down and cooler air surrounding me. And with my anxiety, I need the escape.

I honestly cannot imagine the 8 series dash with the ID8 widescreen, no crystal shifter (as it is now) and barely any buttons. I keep thinking the uglier the new models get, the more in demand the older ones will be.

Rob
Appreciate 5
M8Bimmer1278.50
Tenac4566.50