United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
Late to the commentary party on this one but this is such disappointing news to hear. I'm glad I was able to do my last two cars via Euro delivery (pic from my most recent ED). The 2016 incentive changes definitely killed it along with the unwillingness of the dealers to process them. I was told (pre-2016) that dealers didn't like to handle an ED because it was more paperwork for the same or less money. I'm sure that got only worse since then. I, too,was looking forward to ordering my next car (M2C) and picking it up via ED next year but that's out the window. Maybe it will come back in a few years but I'm not sure I'll want any of their cars by then to be honest.

The bickering that's ensued in this thread is annoying but doesn't surprise me given who the protagonist is. I hate how some members always have to take the devil's advocate/minority side of the argument relentlessly. It makes me not look forward to reading the commentary sometimes because it's too predictable what will end up happening.
....So in short, only one viewpoint should be tolerated? That only sounds reasonable to you because you aren't the minority on this particular issue. The moment you are it becomes a different story altogether. Balance in any discussion is the key to constructive discourse.
Being in the minority opinion and voicing that is fine. There is nothing wrong with that. But when that minority point is taken consistently across multiple threads and used to berate others it's no longer a discussion but a soapbox which is used to incite antagonism.

Also news flash, were all in the minority being on a forum discussing BMWs.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 2