View Single Post
      12-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #12
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
matter of fact, my friends bother just picked up a 997 trubo S.

everything about the car is very good. IMO though, in terms of sound and emotion. a Lamborghini, Ferrari or R8 v10 are in complete different leagues.

the problem is that most car reviews and car competitions mainly test performance NUMBERS and how well the car drives. they never really test on a car emotion, because its something hard to test for. and a Ferrari would always win

again the problem with the trubo IMO is sound and emotion. this has NOTHING to do with performance.
I disagree. While it may lack the exhaust note, like all turbo cars, I think it is still a car with a lot of character and emotion. Again, look at where it finished in MT's best driver's car...3rd behind two TRACK DAY SPECIALS. Being a driver's car is not about numbers, but about emotion, and how the car makes you feel. How precise it is, how it drive's, and the eb and flow on the road and track.

Does it have the emotion of a GT3? No...but I dont think any car on the market has more soul, emotion and sense of occassion the GT3 has.

Go drive one of the new turbo Ferraris and tell me a Ferrari would always win, because it wont. Talk about a lackluster car, not only in design but in sound and emotion.

Comparing a 911 turbo to an R8 or Lambo doesnt make much sense. Compared to a GT3, yea, and the GT3 wins all day, every day in emotion.
Appreciate 0