View Single Post
      02-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Need advice - LG 65" 4K OLED - where to buy?

Okay - got the bug to finally break down and buy a new TV. I've been rocking the 62" 1080p DLP for about 9 years now...it's time to move on. Initially, I thought I wanted a 75" 4K - but though some research and viewing, I'm really seeing that this LG OLED is the way to go. To start - spending $10K to $14K on their 77" isn't going to pass the wife, so now I'm looking at a 65". Should still be fine, my theater seats are 13' from the TV.

My question is where to buy?

I'm a Costco member - have their card, but they only have the B7 model for about $2600. Would have a free 4 year warranty, and would get 3% back from the card.

I look on Amazon, which I have prime. From them, I could get the C7 model for about the same price, delivered. And could add the extra service plan for 4 years, under $100.

Here's where it gets tricky. I checked on eBay - they have the E7 model for even less ($2500), but could get the 5 year protection plan for $300.

I've bought expensive items on ebay before (such as my Nikon camera and lenses) - but never got a TV from them. Is this buyer beware with them? These are new in the box...not refurbished prices.

Picture quality between the B7, C7 and E7 are all exactly the same - main difference is the sound. Which, I plan to buy a new surround system as well - so a B7 would probably be fine...just don't know if I want pumping sounds on everything I watch (I don't always use the surround system I have now).

Thoughts on this? Anyone else have experience with LG's OLED TV's to give first hand experience...or with obtaining TV's from ebay?

Last edited by ShopVac; 02-11-2018 at 05:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
ASAP10217.50