10-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #46
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
-Power thigh bolsters in the sport seats sound like they would be nice for "wide body" owners.
-The hard drive and CF are a wash with BMW's Ipod and thumb drive
-Location of the "Idrive" like control is very awkward to use. You have to reach up and there's no place to rest your hand when you're operating it. Idrive is much more comfortable to use.
-Touch screen Nav? Mounted too far away to be convienient. Deeply hooded making it difficult to see what you're touching because you hand blocks it. Fingerprints.
-Birds eye Nav POV. I do like the birds eye perspective and use it on my G35 all the time. Much better than a view looking straight down. Haven't tried the BMWs yet, does it have a similar POV?
-Rear view camera....uhhhhh...what are the windows for? Actually, the G37 rearward vis is worse than the BMWs so maybe they really need this. Can't see where this is a great advantage over BMWs system
-Power steering wheel adjust
-Memory settings include steering wheel.
-6MT only hastwo interior color choices neither of which are Coral Red leather

Agreed! I did enjoy the power upper/lower bolsters. Nice touch! You made a great point about the fact that the controls for the NAV on the G37 are out of reach, and would be a pain to adjust on-the-fly. I neglected to note that in my review of the G37.

As for the bird's eye POV, yeah, it's called perspective view in the BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
Here's the deal. If you rarely drive a little north of what most people would deem irresponsible (ie, a little faster, higher rpms, enjoy "pressing on" when on curvy desolate country roads) then you should buy the G37.

If you're into serious modding an Asian car will give u better bang for the $.

The G37 will idle along in rush hour traffic just as well as the 335. Reliablility will be on par with the 335. A similiarly equiped G37 will be ~ $10k cheaper.
The price gap isn't necessarily that huge.
Appreciate 0