Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Putting on my flame suit

If people can put aside badge status, the C7 Corvette and the Camaro are absolutely fantastic cars. We pay such a premium for a German badge and the "perceived" prestige factor to drive a car that really isn't better and, in many cases, is actually not as capable in performance and also feel. Yes, I said it... feel

I miss my C7. It was an amazing performance car, involving, fast, connected, incredible performance and a great track car too. As much as I love my M4, if I didn't need a back seat I would still be driving a Stingray... or a Z06 for the same cost as my M4. The new Camaro is now similar with a backseat. I don't love the style, but that's subjective, otherwise I might buy one... especially given it weighs about the same as the M3/4. That's crazy IMO... GM should get full credit.
Not to flame, but if you loved the Stingray so much, why not get the SS?
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0