11-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #77
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
I just noticed this Camaro doesn't even have a rotary knob for its LCD screen. This makes it difficult to reach and use while driving because touch control is required. And the air vents are too low. Also the seatbelt blocks rear access and there is surprising lack of headroom there considering there is no swooping roofline like in M4. The car is a bit of an ergonomic disaster. Moreover: to spec it up to M235 levels you need to order leather, magnetic suspension, auto gearbox and dualstage exhaust. So it looks Camaro is not such a bargain after all.
Cars are going more so towards that with the touchscreen's in the cars. I hate that but thats what "people" want. And spec it to M235 levels? Only thing you need is MRS and maybe leather and up the price by $8k......Auto and dual stage exhaust (only adds sound) is not a necessity. The SS beats the M235i in every performance category but a good bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
You are missing the "Value".

I also think the new Ferrari 488 is a better car than the Camaro SS......

Like it or not here is how they judge them. Of course with any selection of the "best" many won't like the criteria or the ultimate winner that is selected.

I am guessing you don't agree with the criteria they use for their award?
Well that criteria is kinda half and half for what I see. I do see the value of the car. I do. It seems they are more Chevy biased now, which I don't mind. They used to be BMW biased right? I would like to see the score sheet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
You mean like most BMWs? Last time I checked, it also had lots of plastic and the buttons aren't made of precious gems either.

Most people that sat in my Camaro said "wow, this looks like a fighter jet!".
When I was looking for a new car in 2012, I was set on a Mustang 5.0 or Camaro SS. Didn't like the Ford dealer I had to deal with and when I sat down inside a 2SS, I was turned off. Front end felt like a boat, stupid plastic from the door across the dash to the other door (which I found out later the 1SS doesn't have), didn't like the center console stuff, trunk was big but had a small opening, back was cramped (my 92 Camaro has more room), hard to see out the back, etc. So needless to say I starting looking at other cars.

BMW interior isn't anything like a Camaro interior. But Chevy uses way more.
Appreciate 0