c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I had a 2014 V8 F150 Platinum. Honestly no idea what transmission was in it. First truck I had ever owned. Bought it strictly to tow a travel trailer I was going to purchase. LOVED it! It had a great ride (waaaay better than my F350) lots of luxury features like AC seats, massage, giant sunroof etc. I never had any issues during my ownership and we drove it all across the country.

We then got a bigger travel trailer 32' and towed that bitch from FL to Maine and back with the F150. Up through the mountains of northern GA it did struggle a bit and it got a bit white knuckle when it got windy and what not with that giant trailer, but it did it. After that decided to switch it out for an F350 before going on a 5 month trip through the rockies. No issues so far with my 2017 F350 either... close to 70k miles on it now I think. This one is a monster though, 6.7 diesel, long bed, doesn't give a shit if the trailer is back there or not. When it's not towing though ride is not nearly as nice as the F150 and just overall doesn't compare to the F150. The F350 is a truck, the F150 is a luxury SUV that can do a lot of truck stuff IMO. I would totally get another F150 if I had a smaller trailer.
We tow all kinds of stuff and the truck acts like nothing’s there. We’ve been back and forth through Appalachia without any worry.

I have the Lariat trim so it also has some nice modern features like heated and ventilated seats, LED lights, auto high beams etc. But then it has old school stuff like key in ignition and gear selector on the steering column. Kind of weird but I love it.
Appreciate 1