05-03-2020, 12:53 AM   #16
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
always something. it's the price you pay to play with new toys. There isn't any good way around it.

maybe follow the 3 F rule. If it flies, floats, or F. renting it. Don't buy it.
LOL on the 3 F rule and new toys as my watch broker contacted me yesterday on an opportunity to try once again in securing a GENUS GNS1.2 for my watch collection. However, in the watch game there is no renting, leasing, etc. but only cash on the table.

My last attempt at #2 in the series of 8 up for auction at Sotheby's earlier this year failed as my ceiling was 30% over the original price given I wanted to absolutely double my money no questions asked over the long run as an asset in my Estate. Apparently #5 is coming on the market and I get another go at it. The details are forthcoming but regardless of COVID-19's impact on the economy it will take top dollar and an easy 50% over the original price.

However, based on that and its position in the industry as literally a Rembrandt, Monet, etc. in equivalent the longevity of value will vastly exceed any price paid. Thus, now I just want it no differently than the M850i with the caveat I'll never get to enjoy it on a daily basis no differently than the other investment watches in my collection. The upside of the M850i is I can enjoy it every day as no matter how I take care of it, etc. it's a quasi asset with straight line depreciation to zero.

Appreciate 1