View Single Post
      03-03-2024, 12:25 AM   #16
TWO-BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
As others have called out, the M850i doesn't drive like the size of a boat it is. The rear wheel steering helps with that and the engine is just endless gobs of power. Granted my 2020 (delivered in December of 2019) only has ~15K miles on it outside of standard oil changes plus some new rubber I've probably have spent about $3K post the 3-years of the first oil changes free under Ultimate Care. The vast majority of that was the new rubber at about 10K miles.

My brakes should be good for at least another 10K miles based on the tech's readout for my service last November. So the biggest ticket item on a used with 25K or more miles would be the brake job if everything else on the car is solid. An indie shop can do the brakes cheaper but a dealer is ~$3K+.
Thanks for the heads up on when to expect a brake job. I'm hoping to find a car in the mid to high teens, which would at least give me a bit longer.

So you needed to replace tires prior to 15k miles? What was the brand and model of the OEM tires on yours?
Appreciate 0