View Single Post
      11-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #56
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
You specifically said professional drivers and not some magazine hack, Walton is a mag hack plain as day.
Oh, you spoke to someone with insider knowledge of what was going on behind garage doors. Yeah, ok.
The C7 was a 1/10 sec behind the 911 and I posted the same a couple weeks ago right here on this site, the same thing you said. It’s not news to me and I think Chevy definitely should have allowed the base C7 time to stand.
The C8 hadn’t run an official Ring time yet, don’t know how you reach the conclusion that they’re hiding the poor result. Nor how you’re sure the factory times won’t match or beat the 911, you sure do like your speculation.

The C7 Z06 did run the Ring and was good enough be best the 991 Turbo S, 997 GT2 and 991 GT3 RS cars costing many thousands more. Corvette runs with the bigs dogs. Hard for some to swallow. But then again you previously dismissed Nurburgring when I previously brought it up because they don’t use the same drivers on the same day, remember saying that?
As for the Road and Track, yes, I as well as some friends know Matt Farah very well since he grew up here.
Huh? The C7 z06 with cup tires ran 7:13.9 on the Ring and the 991.2 GT3 ran 7:12.7 both in the hands of Sport Auto’s Christian Gebhardt. Go look them up.
Also funny bc if you do look at Fastest Laps, the 991 GT3RS beats the C7 ZR1 on 4 out of 5 tracks despite the Zr1 having 50% more hp and about 100% more torque. And if you throw the 991 GT2RS in there...

The C7 Z51 never had its time released - again bc it was slower than a 991 Carrera S that had a ton less power and torque.

Last edited by Funf6cyl; 11-05-2019 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0