View Single Post
      11-05-2019, 01:31 PM   #52
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Maybe I missed it, where does it say in that story what tires the two cars wore that day and where does it say the Corvette crew “tinkered” with the car?

C8 won’t be on sale for some time yet and you take that as hiding the Nurburgring official time because you and you alone think it can’t run with the new 911? An awful lot of assumptions you have there.

Earlier in this thread you said—

Quote:
Chris Walton drove both and is more than a capable driver.
I don’t think Fastest Laps is definitive. What is definitive is same day, same driver. Or at least same driver and procedures, like Sport Auto.
Again, I don’t see anything major changing the performance outcome for the Vet
Which on several counts contract what you say now. The MT test was not done by Probst or any pro wheel guy and you grabbed ahold of those times and stood by them and the R&T was done on the same day but this time it’s irrelevant to you.
And finally the Nurburgring time you allude to is a timed number laid down by a pro driver and is of course, on Fastest Laps site which catalogs official pro track times not done on the same day. Guess if it suits your car of choice it’s all good.
Regardless of the see-saw opinions you have there will be further head to heads in the weeks to come and I certainly look forward to them.
No you are taking that out of context. My point on Pobst was that I trust a seasoned driver most. Chris Walton from my knowledge is certainly more of a driver than any of the guys from R&T so there is a degree of greater capability there.
The article states Chevy took the car back each night and checked it over and from what I was told from someone involved the caveat allowed them to do so.
Wrt Ring times. I’m talking about Sport Auto’s time by the same driver. Aside from that, chevys factory time won’t beat Porsche’s factory times. There’s also a reason Chevy never released a C7 Vette time - bc it couldn’t beat the 991.1S. So it’s not just a C8 thing. Mind you a ZR1 with 750 hp is slower on the Ring than a 520 hp GT3 RS.
Appreciate 0