11-05-2019, 09:47 AM   #48
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
Well, the C8 does have stickier tires. Chevy also has engineers on site tinkering with the car. In the MT review the 992 crushed the C8 on the track so something doesn’t seem right. Maybe it’s the driver. I trust Randy Pobst’s time driving two cars vs a random journalist.
There will be plenty more track times, but this one doesn’t make any sense. Chevy won’t even release the C8 ring time bc it likely doesn’t show favorably against the 992S.
Maybe I missed it, where does it say in that story what tires the two cars wore that day and where does it say the Corvette crew “tinkered” with the car?

C8 won’t be on sale for some time yet and you take that as hiding the Nurburgring official time because you and you alone think it can’t run with the new 911? An awful lot of assumptions you have there.

Earlier in this thread you said—

Quote:
Chris Walton drove both and is more than a capable driver.
I don’t think Fastest Laps is definitive. What is definitive is same day, same driver. Or at least same driver and procedures, like Sport Auto.
Again, I don’t see anything major changing the performance outcome for the Vet
Which on several counts contract what you say now. The MT test was not done by Probst or any pro wheel guy and you grabbed ahold of those times and stood by them and the R&T was done on the same day but this time it’s irrelevant to you.
And finally the Nurburgring time you allude to is a timed number laid down by a pro driver and is of course, on Fastest Laps site which catalogs official pro track times not done on the same day. Guess if it suits your car of choice it’s all good.
Regardless of the see-saw opinions you have there will be further head to heads in the weeks to come and I certainly look forward to them.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0