Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Is he disbelieving that you got it for that much? Because that looks like a pretty fair price for a non-manual.
Yep - here was the breakdown:

Car: $79,000
Taxes: $7,505
PPI: $1,450
Shipping: $1,500
Total: $89,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
Depends on how you define "wealthy", but stating that you don't meet that definition and then spending $90K on a depreciating asset isn't exactly financially sound, especially for an accountant.
It's not really a depreciating asset. There will be a loss, sure, but mostly due to absorbed taxes, repairs, et al. I'm probably one of the most fiscally conservative member in these forums, lol - you can see the analysis of this purchase over at F-Chat.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...e-plan.593122/

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
I think he was referring to the "I am by no means wealthy part"?
Yes, that is correct. We certainly are doing fine, financially, and make a decent income, but I wouldn't consider us "wealthy" by typical American standards. Our net worth slightly more than a million dollars, but not by a large amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Impossible to say with the information he shared and as you said, depends on what you think defines "wealthy". An "accountant" only defines one part of his overall wealth, nothing about assets, nothing about his history and nothing about expenses.

To be in the top 1% in the world you need to make about $32,400 so defining wealthy using this information I would hope he is.
Well - globally, yes, we are wealthy as are likely most everyone in this forum. Nationally, we are certainly in the top 10% or so, but we don't live in a mansion in Hollywood and take a helicopter to work, lol.