05-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #47
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
buying a used exotic will almost always save you more money. My 458 costed me less then a lot of the M3 leases I see here. I'd save I've gotten 10k in depreciation over 3 years and 6000 miles. Add in another 15k for the insurance and property taxes and 1000 a year for maintenance.

But you need money to do it. As in a large downpayment on a loan. Money saved up for if something catastrophic happens to your engine or tranny. Its easy to get a lease or get financed for a new car compared to a 5-10 year old sports car / exotic
Thanks, interesting information. I understand completely on the large initial money outlay and of course this also comes with a cost as it gets taken from somewhere. I also wouldn't do it unless i could pay for it and have a reserve for catastrophic issues.

With the $15k for insurance and property taxes, what property taxes? If $15k for insurance it seems high, even with the high value car, as much of the insurance covers other cars and people and I wouldn't expect this would be much different regardless of the car.