SubzeroF90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
However, the complaints appear to be less that the M8 has the same interior as an 840i but that it basically has the same interior layout as a 1 series, just with nicer materials.

Maybe the problem is that BMW has nailed the interior design in the G chassis and there is not a lot of reason to depart from that (let's see what the I4 will do).

Also, I think it is not realistic when people complain that "the 4 has the same interior as the 3" or "the M3 will have the same interior as a regular 3", that's just industry standard. Whether or not the new Mercedes A class interior looks similar to the S63 I cannot say for lack of interest.
Well, I understand that but BMW has a similar layout across all models. Nothing new here.

A $175k M760i will have lots of similarities with a lowly $40k BMW yet there aren't the same complaints. Those interiors can't be compared yet they are just as similar.

There are several things I would also prefer in our M8 such as full massage seats and 7 series adjustability for the upper back. It is a tight cabin compared to the S-Class coupe green house and there are no roof options. A light headliner was a must for me...

But we have had plenty of cars with well appointed interiors and am satisfied with this one.

In regards to Mercedes, the S-Class set the dual screen design which has permeated throughout the line-up. Now the latest model is dramatically different and more controversial.
But you will find the A-Series layout in many MB models...
I have the same interior. Best option to get on this car in my opinion
Appreciate 1
Wolfman64813.50