View Single Post
      12-29-2020, 09:55 AM   #102
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBert View Post
I was wondering about this, I had KW on my 335i and loved them. Put H&R on my 650xi GC and it wasn't bad. People have said the H&R are decent but I'm a bit of a skeptic since the M8 GC Comp rides harsher stock than my 650GC did. Might be worth the extra $ to go KW.
I mean its not 100% empirical as there is other items in play like: chassis, damper/valve rates, weight, etc-- but I think the extra 600-700 dollars is indeed 100% worth it. And we retain the CE damper setup with EDC. I thought sport plus in OEM setup (dampers) was way too much anyways so now with the KW I run Sport (not plus) and its pretty spot on.

From my slightly educated research the KW's are progressive so under load they are taut but as the load (speed, road dynamics, pressure, etc) decrease... they "progressively" spring rate down and soften up. Thus over lighter undulations at lower speeds you dont feel the bounce or imperfections while at speed over a change in surface they tighten up and compress and rebound very tight to avoid that "launch" feel. While the H&R's are a fixed rate so you get the same compression and rebound on good and bad roads which yields that unwanted drive feel. Dont get me wrong, Ive lowered quite a few cars on H&R and have it on my Audi R8 now but those cars dampers and chassis's are much different. I run KW on the AMG GTS and Techart on the Porsche; the C63S is stock.

I have had better setups with my Ferrari's, Lambo, R8's, AMG GTS- but with magnetorheological dampers. Those are the best out there in regards to dialing in the harsh and remaining compliant.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 12-29-2020 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 0