View Single Post
      12-28-2020, 12:32 PM   #82
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMWWINS View Post
It may max out at 260 km/h "cluster speed" but it's not GPS speed and you need to deduct some 4 to 5 mph from the reading on the cluster and you have the actual speed. In fact if you want total accuracy you should cross check with a device that can measure GPS speed. Back during my F32 435i days I used an uncle Tom gps in order to compare and the tom tom always gave me lower readings than the BMW showed. After coding the tolerance off, the speed shown was on par with the actual (GPS) speed (+/- 2km/h in my case) so the coding worked. Even though BMW "officially" limit their cars at 250 km/h, some reportedly do hit around 255-258 km/h real speed.

The setting in KOMBI is called BC_V_KORREKTUR and should be set to NICHT_AKTIV. The former disables speed correction on the digital speedometer and thus displays the true speed. Though I have yet to test it on my M850i.
Thanks, thats why I offered up the GPS explanation. I appreaciate the deep dive. 5% seems to be about the common variation on the speedo to actual over my past 5 or 6 M's.

So I can have the speedo corrected via coding?
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0