bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Thank you sir!

So I have many alcantara set ups (full and partial) over my car acquisition life but this is the first via BWM. To me, the quality is great and location of the alcantara is situated well for durability. I do feel its the shape of ones body that will truly determine the seat wear. My body is not of the buffet shape variant so Ive yet to see the excessive wear in the history of my ownership of these cars. Even in cars I kept for over 3 years which was the 2007 Turbo with full alcantara. This car has it in the areas where bolstering occurs along with the side thigh area but the material is well put together and I dont see a long term issue.
Thanks and appreciate the feedback as usual given the insight on your previous Alcantara seating in prior cars and the gut feel that BMW's application is up to snuff. I too am not of the buffet shaped variant but at 6'6" and 235 lbs my thighs are definitely taking advantage of the leather bolstering of my M850i seats. In fact during my down select process I kicked a car or two to the curb as the seats were just to darn narrow and my wife even commented on the LC500 seats wondering how the heck the buffet variant would even fit in them.
Appreciate 0