View Single Post
      12-21-2020, 08:48 AM   #38
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Absolutely stunning and dig the yellow brake calipers as they are a great contrast! How is the seating with the Midrand Beige/Alcantara Cloth? I'm assuming BMW will add the Midrange Beige/Alcantara to the 2022 M8C coupes as well but right now it is a M8C GC exclusive. Midrand Beige/Black leather is on the potential shortlist for a M8C coupe in 2022 depending on my exterior color so curious as to your take on it as just not sure how well the Alcantara will wear in the seats vs leather.

Great add to the stable and enjoy the drive!
Thank you sir!

So I have many alcantara set ups (full and partial) over my car acquisition life but this is the first via BWM. To me, the quality is great and location of the alcantara is situated well for durability. I do feel its the shape of ones body that will truly determine the seat wear. My body is not of the buffet shape variant so Ive yet to see the excessive wear in the history of my ownership of these cars. Even in cars I kept for over 3 years which was the 2007 Turbo with full alcantara. This car has it in the areas where bolstering occurs along with the side thigh area but the material is well put together and I dont see a long term issue.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0