12-20-2020, 04:34 PM   #28
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Yes- they are part of one California's National Forests where I live. We were victims of those raging Orange County fires a few years back and I almost lost my home- 11 houses away from that fire when the wind turned for the better. We have not had much rain either this season into December.

My HQ is in San Diego and have friends scattered across CA who like you came perilously close to losing their homes...really glad yours stayed safe too. We came close to buying a CA home on a vineyard a few years back and the drought scared us off worried about the extra irrigation costs, in hindsight still wish we did. Here in S FL the hurricanes are no picnic either and we've survived our fair share, the uber humidity is something we can also live w/o. The taxation or lack thereof is a big plus however, although 2021 may be our last year in FL and will be heading west, maybe Aspen.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible

Last edited by RJC-1; 12-20-2020 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
Vic5519240.00