12-20-2020, 09:22 AM   #24
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Thanks to all for the comments!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBert View Post
I was just sitting the the kids wondering when you were gonna post the new pics of the drop. Looks great, like you said it could be a bit lower.

Is the extra money and smaller drop worth it just for the ride quality VS the H&R?

Would love to hear the exhaust!
So great question. The H&R is just about the same drop (using M550i springs of all parts). H&R doesnt even have a specific F93 part yet. From a ride and performance perspective the KW's are miles ahead when I do an unequal comparison of the M550i springs on my F90 to this. That classic BMW M absorption is back. It could be also that the dampers are better tuned but I do know H&R is a two stage spring and KW is progressive in nature.

From those pics, it looks just a bit high but when Im on level ground in the garage it looks lower. Ill shoot a few more.

Here is the exhaust mod done on an F90 (just pulled the resonator) but not my car and the video is a bit weak. But its fairly close:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Well, what a fine addition to your cool stable. Congrats!

The mods definitely enhance the look of the car and while I agree that it could be a bit lower (same as ours) it does look really well proportioned.
Think this is due to the fact that the M8 is already a whole 3 inches lower than the M5...

Do you find the performance on par with your Ed1 M5 or?
Wolfgang, thanks so much. You are 100% correct about the chassis stance, the M8's start lower regardless of the wheel gap.

Its hard for me to remember what the F90 was like stock but both cars have the RC in and I "feel" the F93 might be just a little quicker. It does have a different map based off higher boost limits of the CE. Driving wise its a more confident ride with the extended length, better dampers, steering connection, and the KW's vs the H&R's. The F90 is a little more nimble but then again whats really nimble about 4400 lbs. The F93 just cruises on the express way with no drama at speeds well over 120 mph. I hit 157 mph the other day uphill and it came in no time. The stability was incredible. And as you know I have other rides that can complete my carving/handling needs in different manners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Nice.
Man some of those hills in the distance really look parched
Yes- they are part of one California's National Forests where I live. We were victims of those raging Orange County fires a few years back and I almost lost my home- 11 houses away from that fire when the wind turned for the better. We have not had much rain either this season into December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
All I said was the hills looked very dry lol
And this was hilarious
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 12-20-2020 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 3
LSM1118.00
Wolfman64811.50
RJC-11289.50