09-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #3
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Congrats on the safe relo and guessing it may have been a fun drive in that glorious big arsed M8C GC! As for the map region, I do not believe that is something you can set within the iDrive system of the car. I'm guessing that is one of the VPC or dealer setup items before delivery along with the initial map load. That said it does appear you can change the region from within the Connected Drive portal. Once logged in select "Map Update" under the listing of subscribed services for the GC. The resulting page has a drop down down menu entitled "Automatic map update" click it and it will expand into the region setting you are looking for.
Thanks!

I had actually already tried that, however my page does not contain a dropdown menu nor anything that resembles configuration or settings or updates.

I recall specifying the collection of states that I should download an update for. I believe I did that with this car but certainly for IDrive 7. You see the collection of states when you look at Update under the map settings. Mine is currently northern states and its FL data is... well, shite.
Appreciate 0