02-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #78
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Out of curiosity have you test drove (or been in a friend's) Audi? I test drove a RS5 but if ultimately interested I would have waited for the RS7 as although 4 doors like a GC I needed the bigger space in the cabin for my size. I thought the Audi tech was on par with iDrive 7 and perhaps slightly ahead in a couple of areas. I did test drive a C63S which I'm assuming had Comand as it was definitely a notch down on the tech vs iDrive 7 and too small for my size. As stated before though on other threads the bigger loser tech wise was the Lexus LC500 as it is almost a joke in comparison to the Audi and iDrive 7.
Only tried the e-tron recently but I didn't dive too deep on the MMI. Will have to look at it again.
The C-Class has the old Comand system to be sure. Since the iDrive7 was BMW's response to MBUX there are a number of functional similarities. MBUX has quite a few more features though, at least as it appears in our M8 but the access/menu system feels more cluttered and less logical.
More eye candy, more themes, some surprisingly effective "new age" feeling features and the navigation with augmented video.

That said, all this is unimportant compared to how the car drives and looks. Our GTC roadster is very low tech but the most fun to drive
Appreciate 0