Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Is any car cheap by that logic?
I said 'Cheap for what it is'.
Cheapest in its class, even though it will be the best in class in many aspects for sure.

8 Series is the flagship product of BMW, which is a premium brand. It's also a big, luxurious, high tech GT. If you're even remotely aware of the market dynamics, the industry, the brand image, positioning; it would be a huge mistake to price this less than this. I would actually dislike this pricing if I was an investor, or a board member. Why the hell it's way cheaper than the inferior competition?
You are saying it is 'cheap' for what it is, so I'm trying to capture your feedback on what you perceive this car is and why it could be consider a "bargain".

As far as being the flagship, it is. But, by badge. It is in fact, 1.7-in shorter than a 650i and about the same width. It is also 7-in shorter and 3-inches narrower than what you consider it's closest competitor which I believe is the S560 Coupe.

This is NOT the Flagship GT BMW should have built. It is an impressive and incredible vehicle and it is still in my shortlist, but it does not compare to the presence, luxury, interior design, and size that its intended competitors provide.

Perhaps, this is what the market wants. A more agile and dynamic GT, but in my opinion the price points puts it at a disadvantage.