View Single Post
      07-10-2018, 12:51 PM   #28
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where the 8-Series was literally just a previous generation 6-Series with a higher number slapped on. You know, since nothing on the car is the same as before, and they don't look the same. By that logic, a 6-Series had no business being so much more than a 4-Series.

Anyway, the majority of 650xi's were in the $100-110k range once you stuck some options on them, and there were/are plenty of cars to consider at that price, as well. Plus, while the M850 starts in that same price rance, it also includes as standard a bunch of things that were extra on the 6-Series (M Sport, 20" wheels, Active Roll Stabilization, etc.) or not available at all (laser lights, extra power, rear wheel steering, etc.). A base M850 is more car than a loaded (or even typically equipped) 650 was, for the same money.

So if you don't like it, don't get one. Personally I think it looks like an Aston Martin, only with better performance and better tech, for less money. And it's a bargain compared to the competition at Benz. I'd take one in a heartbeat.
I agree 100%.
That is why I said 8 series is actually really cheap for what it is. It could easily be even more expensive than S Class, as it's lighter, it has better engines, it almost certainly drives better, and IMO the exterior and interior designs are both way ahead of the Benz, last but not least it definitely looks WAY more unique and more expensive. (S class coupe looks like C class.)

I would almost consider this low price as a mistake, as when you price your most high end car cheaper than ALL the competitors, that can devalue your brand.
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 07-10-2018 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 4