msm2000uk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcara View Post
I can add to this horror.

- Bought a 2019 (so they say) M850i two weeks ago
- Software is the November 2018 version so missing quite a bit of the new features
- Tried to pair it with Connected App on my iPhone, the car will NOT receive the confirmation code
- 5 calls to BMW Assist to explain the situation over and over and over, kept telling me to reset iDrive etc. and wait 24 hours. Always wait 24 hours.
- Eventually lost my rag, told them to escalate it. 5 to 7 WEEKS for a reply. Yes, that's right, WEEKS.
- Told the guy I just want it putting in my Connected Drive account, asking why it was so hard - can't they add it manually. He's like "yes we can do that" I'm like "THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST DO THAT TO BEGIN WITH?". Utter morons, they can't think for themselves, it's astonishing.
- Send through my V5, birth certificate, mortgage statement, photo ID, first born child etc. and the car appears on my phone properly, all working perfectly.
- ConnectedMusic only has Deezer and Napster, not Spotify which I use all the time. Call my dealer to try to get them to update, no answer, no call back. No answer to emails.
- Call my local BMW garage, they say no software update is needed. I argue. They eventually come back and say it can be done but as it'll need my car, me and my phone (!?) they refuse to do it due to Covid. I'm like "no, I just want the software update, you don't need me or my phone for that". They refuse. They'll "call me back in the future"

The BMW people don't understand the technology. The sales people don't understand the cars. The level of care is so very low.
So I came onto this thread to ask whether the problems were just with USA cars, since my UK car is going in for a Software Update in 2 weeks time...hmmm!

My car is running November 2018 I believe, and while I have a friend who can update the software for me, I'd rather get my local BMW dealership to do it for free.

It'll be interesting to see what they say, although I have identified a clear fault which they cannot argue - and this might help you.

Try the Remote Update service on your car.

If they comes back with no update available, then that is your fault for the dealership to rectify - because we can see there is a new update available.

Speaking of which, could someone in this thread please post the relevant Update code, or whatever it's called, in case the dealership argue when I'm there?

Thanks all!

M
Appreciate 0