2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post

Here we go...

There are so many industries with subsidies including oil, medicine, health care, coal, agriculture, it's not even a valid argument.
My issue is with government incentive to start the EV market in earnest. Sustainment of those industries you've mention is a different subject matter related to the complexities of international trade, foreign business practices, etc., not to save the planet.
Even if you don't think it's "saving the planet", it's economically and practically going to be more and more viable and indeed necessary in the future. It's technology that will improve our day to day.

I get that most conservatives are against the EV for several reasons:

Economic ties to traditional energy and oil.

Validating the EV as an environmental savior admits that there is a problem which conservatives have been denying for decades.

Fear is something conservatives generally use to control the masses and now it's being used for a progressive movement, which is doubly insulting.

The idea that we are able to adversely affect our environment is unsettling for a lot of people. The responsibility we have to our environment is too heavy a burden for a lot of people who are used to having the perception of control. Therefor they reject it because it attacks their very identity. Narcissism is the main culprit and it's one of the reasons if, not the biggest, that Trump has the position he has regarding progressive environmental initiatives. To admit that we are at the mercy of the environment is too damaging to the ego.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0