09-13-2020, 10:06 PM   #55
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyan92 View Post
I have told my Financial Advisor that my retirement plan needs to include a discretionary pool of funds for my BMW leases.
LOL as that is mostly a conversation with myself given I manage everything outside of the 401Ks from my prior F100 life which are now under Vanguard's Flagship services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
You fit in M850 but not 911? I'm 6'4" the 8 coupe/convertible doesn't feel like has anymore room than my 911. Of course we all "fit" differently into cars and I'm sure you know if you fit or not.. lol.....

I have the 18 way sport seats. I believe the 14 way are slightly bigger

Hope the new pano works. The architecture underpins the Bentley CGT and Spur whist significantly Improved those cars driving dynamics vs the old Audi / front drive based bentleys

Of course those cars don't need to be a Porsche so hopefully they got it right :-)

Love the full retirement, congrats!!
I'm 6'6" but given my genes I have shorter legs vs upper body torso in the overall height quotient. This leads to both upper back issues (an entire issue within itself) along with the challenge of car cabin headliner space. I've tried it all in a 911 (last time was a 992), i.e., drive the seat forward, raise the seat, drive it 100% backward and lower it all the way. Even in a 992 my head is literally scraping the headliner.

That said the beauty of the M850i is it is the most comfortable car I've owned to date from both a height and leg room perspective. A lot of people call the coupe's cabin claustrophobic to some degree but for me it is the exact opposite as it fits me like a glove. Some of the criticism is due to the interior color choice, e.g., all black. However, my custom build which includes the Alcantara headliner is not claustrophobic given the full leather Fiona Red/Black overall lightens up the interior vs the cave like feel of all black.
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00