View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 10:13 AM   #8021
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
I, for one, would love to see what someone can lap a circuit in the newer Model 3 Performance. It touts a bunch of "Track focused" upgrades, but we all know about Elon/his marketing team/EV Performance car woes. I'd love to see where it stacks up versus other similarly-priced cars on repeated laps of the 'Ring or Suzuka.

Curious to see if anyone'll make meaningful EV track toys that don't Alt+F4 after a few battery cycles. I'd love to see it versus the new i4 LCI and the i5.

Not sure if any of you have driven a 'fast' EV with aggressive regenerative braking, but it's quite... different? Not better, not worse, just a different headspace. Our Taycan and Model Y Performance laps were quite intriguing, being a single speed transmission with a serious sensation of 'engine braking' due to regen. A totally different way to drive fast vs my Miata or M3C.

If you didn't feel a massive surge of cognitive dissonance as you typed that up, you're clearly not fit for discussion. On what planet is comparing the performance of a bike and a sedan the same as comparing a sedan to a sedan of near-equal performance? Should we throw a Boeing F-16EX Strike Eagle into the 0-60 or MPG calcs? And as for your repeated insistence that everything is hypothetical, I'd direct you to every CarWow review ever where he uses an in-car GPS with an accelerometer to measure 0-60; similar to the twelve Model 3 P videos that came out yesterday.

Good god, move the goalposts further.
Agree. The instant available torque is really fun to me. I still haven't gotten bored with it.
Appreciate 0