01-22-2019, 05:13 PM   #205
idontsave
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58 View Post
OK if the exhaust isn't correctable then why fix it? This new law and ticket doesn't make sense OMG lol
I have a catted down-pipe + the MPE and it does not come with a valve like the oem exhaust. Everyone knows how stupid and loud the BMW cold start is even when the car is warm it still goes through the 'cold start' process so how can i get away with this LOL i just installed my front tow hook plate holder so my local authorities don't find a reason to pull me over. For the most part i drive in comfort mode and some times eco, but i think the killer part is if they ask you to start up your car and automatically that cold start will trigger them to writing a citation.
Heard from your buddy that your exhaust makes my set-up seem tame.. I can only imagine what that cold start must be like

Honestly though, I do a lot of freeway and city driving between LA/Huntington/NoHo and so far I've managed to lay low. You should be alright as long as you play your cards right. Plus MPE is technically an OEM part and I couldn't imagine an officer would know you're running a catted DP, especially since it still is catted after all.

Last edited by idontsave; 01-22-2019 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0