View Single Post
      08-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #60
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
Guys, just drove a Jaguar i-Pace. My dealer had one with 'Prototype' stickers on it but they let me test drive. It felt like a finished production vehicle to me. It's a superb car, competitor to a Tesla Model S I would say, much bigger than it looks in pictures because the wheels are very large. Very low and wide so very, very sporty looking for an 'SUV'.

The drive was amazing, very fast and sporty, felt a a fair bit quicker than my car, a Merc C400, which is no slouch. I much preferred it to the Model S I drove a few months ago because it felt more sporty inside and it has a very nice Jag interior with lots of wood and contrast-stitched leather. It has tons of room for passengers (2-row), but the trunk isn't huge, nowhere near as big as a Model S. I really think Tesla are in trouble now. Hope this will be my next ride!
I-Pace is getting great reviews indeed. However, it will do nothing to Tesla's chances to succeed. Tesla never planned to be profitable off S or X. Their future depends on Model 3. I-Pace is priced much higher than any but the top level 3.
Appreciate 0