02-13-2020, 06:06 PM   #44
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
I will report back once the software is updated to the latest rev. during 1200 mile service.

We'll see how this goes. Over the last few days, all remote services failed to work from the app. No unlock or remote start...

Genius asked me to reset the head unit after which the services started working again...

FWIW. it may be worth a reset.
Hold the Radio volume/mute button for at least 70 seconds (apparently important, no matter what happens on the screen).
Then select apps from the home screen. While on the app screen, press the options button below the iDrive controller.
There is an Update Apps option on the pop-up screen. If grayed out wait a few minutes and then try again. Press update.

When done, exit & lock the car.
Hopefully the camera works then. You should see the mirrors unfold; hopefully take the pics and fold again...
Had the update done at the dealer last week, no change. I will try the reset, but I wont hold my breath.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0