03-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #26
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
bloozemanAZ could not agree more - miss that drive and the music that goes with it! In order to get the km's driving in the car up, I've taken to early Sunday morning drives. Yesterday I went out west and onto one of the busiest freeways and it was deserted. While the speed limit is 100 km/h, I had a ball on some of the sections. Slowing the car down and then letting it rip, repeatedly. On big sweeping turns, actually cutting the corner across multiple lanes. I was keeping an eye out for zombies from The Walking Dead as it felt like I was in a movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Likewise.

I've replaced it with a Starbucks run every morning (drive through with a mask). And then my wife, the boys and I go find a deserted picnic area on weekend days somewhere in the middle of the mountains—today's drive was 180 miles round trip. Of course, you have to have a bit of fun along the way so we tried a few launches and nailed a 0-60mph with 4 people (kids are 13 and 6 so one of them weighs as much as a Big Mac) in 2.92s—these M-cars never cease to amaze!
Two great examples and with today's announcement by the Governor of AZ of an Executive Order to stay at home through April 30th except for essential services (e.g., food shopping, medical services, etc.). However, parks are open and considered an essential services (staying active to not being isolated in our houses). So I'll be driving to the furthest park from my house on a daily basis to do a bit of hiking but mostly to enjoy the drive.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 03-30-2020 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 0