01-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #21
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
The Tesla sounds like a great, albeit expensive second car for picking up the kids, grocery getting, etc and around here, they are very common. Those driving them like to seemingly sneak up and blast by my M6 when I have no idea I'm racing. That's their little game but I'll take my M6 anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
If on a long distance trip, say from LA to Phoenix, one will arrive significantly earlier (two-three hours) in a gasoline powered car with no more horsepower than a Toyota Corolla because of the Tesla's limited range and long charging times. That doesn't sound fun to me.
When out cruising in the M6 up and down Coast Highway, the sound of the exhaust is enjoyable and a battery powered car just can't offer the same sensory experience. I suppose if you are in the front row at the next light, you'll be the first to get to the next one but that does sound kinda boring after awhile.
If you not read this, you'll enjoy it I think:

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...uries-feature/
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0