View Single Post
      12-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #34
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

This is partly why I can't get rid of my E90. In 2009 we went as a family to the dealership to buy a new silver on black 3-series. There was a beautiful black on terra (orange/brown) 3er sitting in the center of the showroom which was such a sexier color combination. It was loaded with everything besides Nav.

We fell in love immediately and my dad knew he had to have it. We took her home and eventually he gave the car to me. 10 yrs old and 70k miles and has been maintained immaculately its entire life. It's like a family heirloom at this point.

The biggest reason I won't part with it is because nobody makes such a great car anymore. The driving experience shits on any modern car thanks to the sublime classic BMW steering feel. And the interior is just insanely high quality, not to mention very sexy with that Terra colored interior and Burl wood.

My other car is a Lexus IS which while no E90 BMW, is still reasonably fun to drive and has a nice enough interior. It has been with me through a very difficult recent 3.5 years. I've had the most ups and downs of my life during this period. I will get rid of it in about 3 yrs time but the memories I've shared with it will hang around forever.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00