12-06-2018, 03:33 PM   #23
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
You definitely have car insurance, the dog may or may not have pet insurance. Either way, as a dog lover, I'm not purposely hitting a dog so that I can preserve my material object.
Hypothetical here. You're driving down a narrow two land road( 1 lane each direction) with a loved one of yours in the car with you. Let's say your driving the speed limit and its 55mph. Suddenly a Rhodesian ridgeback comes bounding out the woods and stops in the middle of your lane 75' from your car and your closing fast. One choice is steer left into oncoming traffic and there's a Peterbuilt carrying a heavy load coming towards you at say 75mph. The other choice is the 150 year old oak tree on the right side of your lane and no way to avoid it if you steer right of dog. What are you going to do?

I can't think of a person I know that would purposely drill a dog down if there is a safe alternative to avoid Fido. Too many people here seem to say it's only a material object at stake but it's not. There are human beings in these cars and they're fragile creatures and often get badly injured or die trying to avoid critters in the street, happens pretty damn often.

I've drilled into my kids heads if they can can stop or safely maneuver to avoid impact an animal do so but if not do what must be done, get yourself home in one piece. Don't care about the vehicle, I care about people especially my kin.
Appreciate 2
RMNB365.00