View Single Post
      01-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #109
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Based on feedbacks here of those who have updated, it appears the M850i are affected way more and the M8 not at all or only slightly. He has an M850i so in that case the exhaust will most likely get "silenced". For M8 models there seems to be no difference in exhaust sound (after update) except for one forum member (Azlar) in the previously pointed thread reporting he can hear the difference in sound for the worse. Unless I have missed other M8 owners who complained I cannot recall any except the mentioned one. But with the M850i I think we can pretty much "safely" say it will be affected and after updating, the loud pops and bangs, burbles and so on very present and alive in comfort mode with the 2019.XX software levels will be, are a thing of the past. Now as for the reason why BMW is targeting the M850ies rather than the M8s, could be that an M car is SUPPOSED to pop and bag and be "loud" out of the box whereas you would expect that way less from an M850i or hardly and certainly not in comfort mode. Just my take on why this distinction is being made.
Appreciate 1