Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMWWINS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
That's wayyyyyy worse. Sorry, dude.

For sure.

Yes and then again right now with the current DMEs is a tough and risky choice going this path and opting for a flashtune vs. a piggyback. My tuning experiences (via flashtune) have been great in all respects with my previous cars (N54, N55, N63TU engines). I always liked the 100% self-service tuning option without having to fiddle inside the engine compartment (though with the right experience a piggyback can be installed in minutes I know). I was, and still am, in the hope that these newer DMEs will be unlocked "more easily" in the future as was the case for the older units when applying flashtunes via OBD such as the options offered via the MHD and the BM3.
I think the days of obd tunes are gone. They will need a bench unlocked and void everything. They have changed the equation. Before ECU was a no brainer over piggyback. Now piggy back is more stealth than ECU.

You're going to have to choose: 1) less power and a piggyback or (2) full unlock and race mode with top speed unlimited ECU, but voided warranty.

If you can afford a bmw, you can afford to buy it twice. Also the dealerships near me are extremely difficult to work with. For me, it's a easy solution.

Pop the cap, and get the ECU bench unlocked.
Appreciate 1
FBMWWINS604.50