View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 12:04 PM   #1952
downshiftapex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Not fast enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I've always wanted to try one of those treadmills, jealous you got one. Let me know how it goes, try to video it so we catch the fall lol!

As for the legs, try some quad concentration. Squating is great, but need some other iterations to see some real growth. Sissy squats, close stance leg press, close stance smith machine squats, etc.
The thing is there is no stop button on them. You have to jump off and I've seen some guys hit 21mph on them. I'd imagine if someone is doing back to back sprints there is a chance your legs give out and things will go bad lol.

Thank you for the tips, I'm going to give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Thanks guys. It means a lot. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will get back to my routine.

If I'm not lifting, I lose weight like crazy. The good thing is that muscle memory is real. Give me 2 months and I can be back hitting pretty much on all cylinders and look like I haven't missed anytime at all. Plus starting back as lean as I am, my body will be like a sponge!
Muscle memory is amazing and once you get back into your routine and diet you will be back to your weight in no time. Some protein and creatine will help as well. I'd say a month with a proper routine and diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
+1.

Also try higher reps for a change. You are on your feet most of the day, so you have to pretty much force them to grow. And calories have to be present for that.

My lower body always responds better to higher reps (15+)...it's a dense muscle group.

Just make sure to maintain proper form as you can easily tweek something since higer reps are so taxing.
I'm going to do this. I feel like maybe my legs not growing is due to me only going for 6-8 reps. Going to try for at least 15 each set.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00