View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 02:37 PM   #31
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Oh yeah, let me go fill up my car in my garage. EV's do something that ICE cars don't, there's no catching up to do. And if you read what I said, my wife is a lock on an EV next and I'm about even odds (I've never owned an automatic, but I'm leaning towards replacing my current manual with an older manual car as a weekend toy and an EV for work and errands.) That's not the same thing as 'not certain of getting one.'

I've lived in the 9th and 11th largest cities in the US the last few years and have seen nothing but continued growth in EV's. It's not just Tesla, I actually see a surprising number of I Types here, as well as plenty of eTrons, a few Taycans already and of course a ton of Bolts and Leaves. Texas is also a state that Tesla can't directly sell to and we don't get the federal incentives, yet they are literally everywhere. Add in the Model Y and you'll clearly see more Teslae than German brands around here.
I technically CAN fill up my car in my garage, I just don't. It's how I filled up mowers, and weed eaters, and dirt bikes, etc. Not impossible, just not common. ICE cars currently have, and will continue to have for the foreseeable future, the advantage of a quick refuel at almost LIMITLESS locations, world wide. My M2 takes ~5 minutes to fill to get 250 miles, my Miata takes ~3 minutes for 200 miles, my Ducati takes less than 2 minutes for 150 miles, how long would it take to fill up the battery on a Model3 and for how many miles...? If I get low on fuel, I can simply pull off any highway, and I'm bound to find a couple stations. I can continue this all the way across the country, the world even, irrespective of my route; the same cannot be said for an EV. There ARE still limitations to en EV, even with the growing sales figures and infrastructure.

Which EV are you leaning towards? Why list the Model Y and not the Mach-E? You also have to account for the "cool" factor. Tesla in particular, continues to grow in sales WHY. It's the new THING, it's a status symbol. Same reason that people buy the stupid overpriced q-tip airpods instead of the hundreds of great 100% wireless earbuds on the market, it's a symbol. I have it, and you don't. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, that mentality (IMO), is at least 1/2 of Tesla's sales "tactic." Of all the people I know that have Tesla's, they do it because it's new, it's cool, it's elite, they can show off with their fancy little e-car and draw shit on the iPad or take people out on rides so they can feel how fAsT it is. The overwhelming majority don't care for the EV aspect it.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50