View Single Post
      10-02-2019, 04:57 PM   #20
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Our hospital is offering pieces of 'whole Health' including yoga and chair yoga, mindfulness meditation, and health coaching. Very limited attendance, probably more of a perk to those employees who run the groups. We also have an 'on site workout gym' that is kind of a joke - I'd think you'd be better off supporting gym memberships or home equipment; walking areas/groups are more practical and get more use, but wicked expensive if you have to actually construct a track (we use local sidewalks and a stadium. Other things I'd suggest avoiding would be the 'biggest loser' style competitions - these seem good on the surface, but often provoke the type of dieting that will end up rebounding (regaining the weight), and the PC issues noted above.

On the useful side, promoting healthy eating is a great tactic - several good studies have been done of settings where they make healthy foods cheaper than junk (or free) with positive results. Same for incentives towards health behaviors as noted above (smoking, routine checkups and screenings, flu shots). Having an employee daycare that will also watch kids while parents are at the gym was something that was frequently requested (but we didn't provide). It may be helpful to link subsidies with measurable gains - like paying for gym memberships IF people demonstrate attendance, or perhaps some measurable health goal like losing 5% of weight, reducing BP, etc - apparently people are even more likely to join and not go if they aren't paying much.

And as long as you don't dress like the prancercise woman I guess it's all good.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00